Posture is very important. With good posture, you have better oxygen flow and more energy. Since your body will be in proper alignment, you won’t have to use as much muscle tension to support your body weight. You are physically stronger with good poster. Mentally, you are more alert. People will make better first impressions of you when you have good posture.
Tips for good posture:
- Ask a family member or friend to let you know when your posture is not ideal. Awareness is the first step.
- When driving, set your seat to a slight incline so you can maintain good posture while driving. No need to slouch way back. You are not taking a nap! You need to be alert while driving.
- While working at a desk, always start your day with your best posture. Once your body gets used to good posture, it will recognize its superior alignment and will want to maintain that good posture as long as possible.
- Take a mind controlled relaxation break in the middle of the day. Sit in your chair and completely relax your body. Better yet, lay down and take a quick nap. Or refresh your body with a 5min walk or mild exercise. This will oxygenate your body and provide you the energy you need to go back to maintaining great posture.
- Look at your posture in the mirror. Are your shoulders slouched forward? Is one shoulder lower than the other? You can only master what you measure. Make sure to look at your posture each morning and night when you are in front of a mirror.
- Meditate with good posture while remaining as relaxed as possible. With time, your body will begin to gently find good posture with as little effort as possible.